Each year during Lent, Catholic parishes around the world and across Alaska hold Lenten reconciliation services. These liturgies typically begin with public prayer followed by an opportunity for Catholics to receive the sacrament of reconciliation through private confession with a priest.
Many parishes invite numerous priests from surrounding areas to hear confessions during these gatherings. The services provide Catholics an extended opportunity to receive the sacrament of reconciliation outside of normal parish confession times.
A number of parishes have already held reconciliation services, but the following churches in the Anchorage Archdiocese have services planned on these dates.
- April 1, St. Elizabeth, 7 p.m.
- April 2, St. Anthony, 7 p.m.
- April 3, St. Andrew, 6:30 p.m.
- April 4, Our Lady of Perpetual Help, 9 a.m. & 7 p.m.
- April 8, Our Lady of Guadalupe, 7 p.m.